Sunday, April 21, 2013

Narcissus & Other Friends

I spent the day planting, moving things around.  It was a cool day but the sun was perfect, warming us all.  Us?  Well yes, my hubby was there moving the heavy stuff, but I'm talking about someone else.  These sweet Narcissus.  They survived the winter and are now stretching up to the sky, slowly reaching their bloom. As did others...


Pansies: many huddled remind me of the olde barbershop-quartets.


But these I bought yesterday...fell in love immediately and had to bring them home.  They're called Borias Koppe Begonia - or - Rhine Begonia.  I find their soft, pale cream/pink to be quite Victorian.  They are fascinating and gorgeous.  I don't understand why they have to be  annuals, instead of perennials...sigh...such is life.  I want to be near them all the time, and just stare...a cup of tea in hand, and some 1930s/40s instramental tune in the background.  Nostalgic?  Perhaps...it was an intense week.