Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Splendor of Orange Begins #1

My favorite holiday is Halloween, and that means I like all things orange.  To begin commemorating the wonderfully ghoulish holiday, tonight I made Carrot Cake Cupcakes.  Besides my Devil's Food cupcakes, these are the best batch of cups I've made thus far.  I'm really proud of them.  So here goes....

1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
3 eggs
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
1/2 cup pecans, toasted then chopped
Oven: 325
Bake: 15-18 minutes (no more)

I used a butter creamcheese top, added grated crystallized ginger, and finished them off with powdered ginger.  Nope, the ginger was not overpowering at all.

I count on daylight to take pictures, but by the time the cupcakes were done and decorated it was evening.  I'll take more pics in the morning and post them.  The other photos are pieces from my book of collages.  Last night I tried getting acquainted with watercolors, just try different things while having fun.  I decided to gently add color to a black&white photo of Jizos.

1 comment:

La Table De Nana said...

Carrot cake muffins..cakes..always a treat..I am trying beetroot cake today:)

Have a great day~