Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Challenge

Hey there!

Oh I know, it's been a month since my last post, but if you read my post (which most times I don't think anyone has since I think I'm still out here flying solo in this black whole called Blog), you'll remember that I was done with my job.  Sort of.  I mean I've been working hard in the last month looking for other employment.  And not just any employment, something that I can really feel proud of and I can grow and be creative...and all the things that are missing in my current position.  So that's why I've been so absent.  Forgive me?

You'll be happy to know I spent most of the morning on my feet...where else?  In the kitchen.  Baking some mini yellow cake cupcakes, topped with butter-creamcheese frosting flavored with coffee, and sprinkled with orange zest.  I have to say they are quite tasty.  I thought perhaps the coffee/orange combination would be off-putting, but it actually worked.  I know chocolate/orange is a favorite of many but I didn't have what I needed for chocolate frosting.  And anyway, I had to satisfy my coffee craving.  Funny thing is I don't drink coffee or do anything caffeine.  But on occasion, I'll add some coffee extract because it just highlights other flavors.

I promise to post some pics and the cupcake recipe tomorrow...promise.  Also, I've taken on a personal challenge, I'm on day 4 of it.  I'll talk more about it soon, especially since I think it will influence my baking process and perhaps even my photography.

Till tomorrow...

No comments: