Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Off To Vegan Land I Go

Today I sent my penpal a card with some of my butterscotch/peanut cookies Valentines Day.  Hope she's enjoying them right now...well actually, hope she's sound asleep -- it's a school night.

It's a short week for me at work, and I'm grateful.  Starting Thursday, I'll be in New York taking a course for five days; it's a certificate program all about the basics of vegan baking.  I can't wait to indulge in some new recipes and techniques.  Until next week, when I'll post some photographs and my personal experience of both the school and the program.

My personal challenge is going well, giving me lots of insight: sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle.  I've decided to keep the details of it personal, and in doing so it's helped my focus tremendously.  In fact, it's changing my perspective on different things.  The baking I did this past week was more relaxed and confident.  I'm going to keep it going while I'm away, especially at the school working with other bakers.  Until then!

No comments: