Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wish You Could Talk To Me...

Wish You Could Talk To Me
    
And tell me what your favorite toys are
What started the fight with your sister, for the umpteenth time
What you whisper in her ear, just before you clean her fur

Tell me why you always seem hungry, even after you've been fed
Or when you were young, why you never thought to duck your head
Before chasing your sister underneath the couch
Would you tell me how in the world you hurt your hip

Wish you could tell me when.......I kiss you too much
(I don't believe it's ever enough)
Or why you make gurggling noises, run and hop
Then scratch the same corner of the rug

Are you having a good day?
If you could talk, would you tell me why you love sleeping in my blue chair?
Or why you love helping me make the bed?
Would you tell me your upmost favorite places to be scractched

If you talked only once
Could you save it for when you're not feeling well
Or when a storm comes and your scared
Wish you could talk to me

   ~by Ana M.
           ~for Lucien K.
LUCIEN K.

SASHA K.

          

No comments: