Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Try At The Banana Upside Down Chocolate Cake

So I made the below this past weekend (including the Russian Beef Stew, which I'll post about tomorrow).  I threw the banana slices into a hot pan of a butter and peanut butter mix I created.  I passed on the molasses as it seemed too much...actually it just didn't make much sense.  Not that some of you will think that butter AND peanut butter makes any sense.  Once the peanut butter loosened up and the bananas were fully covered, I poured everything into a bundt cake pan.  I made sure all the banana slices were evenly distributed at the bottom, then covered it with chocolate cake batter.  Baking time: about 30 minutes.  The result was...


I ended up with a mini crust of peanut butter/banana.  I would've liked the taste of the banana and peanut butter to be more pronounced.  And the look of it, a little prettier.  I thought the bananas would show off more but they turned out mashed onto the cake.  Perhaps my bananas were too ripe?  I wanted to try something similar to what I did a month ago with apples in a 9inch pie pan.  Then, the result was spectacular: both flavor and visually.  Seems bananas are a little harder to work with, but I can always check out how others have conquered the challenge and try again.  In either case, I think it's yummy with a side of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream!

No comments: