Monday, February 4, 2013

Pilgrimages In Tiny Proportions

Why haven't I been posting??  It's not that I haven't been taking photos, or baking, or gardening, though once the cold weather came I cleaned out my raised bed and prepared it for winter.  I took a hiatus, and also did some interesting things.

Some of those things are:
1) Learned more about myself through gardening
2) Got married (big one at my age!)
3) Traveled to Prince Edward Island, Canada and fell in love with the landscape
4) Become a better baker
5) Learned how imperfectly human I really am
6) Co-organized a Sandy Hook Elementary School benefit concert

To name just a few...

Many of experiences have been what I call tiny pilgrimages.  My travel partner at times has been Fear, and Fear has taken me to the very edges of my tolerances (both negative and positive), my desires and the edges of what I want in my future.  Each one a pilgrimage of intention, which I am still walking through (sometimes strongly marching). 

I've also been busy getting acquainted with the world of Twitter and have met many fascinating people and organizations.  I will be adding this link to my Twitter account soon.  For almost a year I felt quite alone on this site, perhaps Twitter will attract more dialogue, community. And m
ost recently, I've been teaching myself how to speak the basics (really basics) of the Indonesian language, as I will be traveling to Bali soon. 

Many things have appeared in my life quite timely, one being another meditation challenge.  For the next 28 days I will commit to meditating and logging what my experiences.  Feel free to contact Sharon Salzberg if you'd like to join: http://www.sharonsalzberg.com/realhappiness/blog

Finally and sadly, I recently learned of a friend's passing.  He was 76 years old and going to Asia was something he wanted to do for a long time.  Unfortunately, he died en route.  It was an unexpected death, and a reminder...if I wait for things to be in order before moving forward with my desires -- well, I think you know the rest.  Death is the last human pilgrimage before entering the other side (whatever the otherside is) - WHAT do you want to do with your today while you still have it?

No comments: