Saturday, July 16, 2011

LOLLI-FLOP # 2 (the "S" Attempt)

This past week I made Pistachio Cardamom Cookies.  Alas, piping them into an "S" shape 2" by 1/2" gave me lots of trouble.  I piped them too big and placed them too close together.  You really have to place them two inches or more apart otherwise it becomes one BIG cookie mess.  After they were done, I had to break them up into uneven pieces, which doesn't look pretty.  I know they look awful! but they actually taste good.  A really light crisp cookie.  Next time I'll try piping with a smaller tip.


Here's the recipe:
8 oz unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons for reserved
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom + 1//4 teaspoon for reserved
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon rose water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
Oven: 350

No comments: