Friday, July 8, 2011

STARTING TONIGHT...

Starting tonight and through tomorrow morning, it's going to be a baking frenzy.  A woman who owns a food truck is interested in my baking, so I told her I would bring samples this weekend.  I am going to attempt making two or more of the following: Twilight Swirl Cookies; Peanut Butter Cookies w/Chocolate Center; Toasted Coconut Mini-Cupcakes w/Coffee Buttercream Frosting; and, Carrot-Raisin Mini-Cupcakes w/Maple Cream Cheese Frosting (all gluten-free, the toasted coconut cupcakes will be completely vegan).  It sounds like a lot but I'm only going to make what I can without completely exhausting myself -- especially since I'm making these all for the first time.  This is what being a self-taught baker, some day pastry chef, is all about, right???  Time to get some shopping done, then take a moment to meditate before I start.  Oh look, a thunderstorm has begun outside!  Is that a good luck sign?  Gulp.  I'll post details on Sunday complete with pictures.  Wish me luck...somebody...out there.

1 comment:

La Table De Nana said...

You will succeed:)You will!